Rules for Riding the Bus
BUS RIDING RULES
MEETING THE BUS:
1. Be at the bus stop ten (10) minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive. Do not arrive earlier than ten minutes beforehand.
2. Before crossing a street to enter the bus, wait until the bus has come to a complete stop and the driver has given you directions.
3. Respect the proper of other while waiting for the bus. Don't litter or make unnecessary noise. Don't gather under carports, on porches, or on lawns without permission.
4. Stand back at least ten feet from the bus stop and do not approach the bus until it has come to a complete stop and the door is opened.
5. If you miss the bus, do not attempt to (1) ride another bus, (2) walk to or from school, or (3) hitchhike.
ENTERING AND LEAVING THE BUS:
1. Enter and leave the bus quickly and in orderly manner.
2. Do not enter or leave the school bus by the back door except in the case of an emergency or unless directed to do so by the driver.
3. If you must cross the street after leaving the bus in the afternoon, go to a point on the shoulder of the street ten feet in front of the bus and wait until the driver or student patrol has signaled you to cross.
4. If you drop any object (book, paper, pencil) while leaving the bus, do not attempt to retrieve the object until the bus has left the scene and the street is clear of other vehicles.
RIDING THE BUS:
1. Ride only the bus to which you are assigned. Visitors are not allowed to ride buses unless permission is first obtained from the Director of Transportation.
2. Obey the instructions and directions of the drive. Students are under his/her supervision. The driver will submit a written report of all violations to the school principal.
3. Do not distract the driver's attention or disturb other riders on the bus. This means students must remain reasonably quiet while on the buses.
4. Remain seated while the bus is in motion or stopped except as the driver directs. (ACT 1744) (Board Policy No. 903.8)
5. Legs and feet should not be in the aisle.
6. Keep all books, lunches, coats, etc., out of the aisle of the bus.
7. Knives, firearms, sharp objects, clubs, or animals are never allowed on a school bus.
ACTIVITIES THAT ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE BUS:
1. Eating and drinking.
2. Smoking (prohibited by Arkansas Statute-Act 728, 1977).
3. Scuffling or fighting
4. Playing radios, music players, or band instruments.
5. Yelling at anyone on the bus or outside.
6. Throwing paper or any other object on the floor of the bus or outside the windows.
7. Putting hands, arms, or heads out of the windows.
8. Tampering with any of the bus safety devices.
9. Defacing any part of a bus by such action as writing or damaging seats. Damage to any bus equipment (seats, windows, etc.) will be paid for by the offender.
10. All Cell Phone Use (Music, Texting, Games, Talking)
SUSPENSION, LOSS OF BUS RIDING PRIVILEGES, OR OTHER DISCIPLINARY SANCTIONS MAY BE IMPOSED WHEN STUDENTS VIOLATE THE REGULATIONS OUTLINED IN THE HANDBOOK!