Classroom gudance lessons are on going for the first semester. I will be visiting all classes approximately 7 times. The calender will be adjusted to indicate this schedule.
Kindergarten lessons consist of My Friends and Me- a curriculum designed to introduce social skills to students.
1st -6th grade lessons consist of Too Good for Drugs II and Too Good for Violence lessons.
Too Good for Drugs™ K–8 is a school-based prevention program designed to reduce risk factors and enhance protective factors related to alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) use among students. Too Good for Drugs™ K-8 has a separate, developmentally-appropriate curriculum for each grade level for Kindergarten through Eighth Grade. Each curriculum builds on earlier grade levels, an instructional design which enables students to learn important skills sequentially and retain them year after year.
Too Good for Drugs™ K-8 builds five essential life skills:
• Decision making
• Bonding with pro-social others
• Identifying and managing emotions
• Communicating effectively
Too Good for Violence™
Too Good for Violence K–8 is a school-based prevention program that uses the same research, theories, strategies and format that propelled Too Good for Drugs to national prominence, including Model Program designation from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Too Good for Violence K–8 addresses the most significant risk and protective factors at each developmental level to help students learn the skills and attitudes they need to get along peacefully with others. Curriculum features include:
- Built-in character education traits
- Updated teacher resources, recommended books, videos, website and more
- Interactive exercises for parents and kids to build important family bonds and reinforce critical prevention skills at home
- Information for teachers, instructions for role-playing, normative education, bullying prevention, anti-bias tips, warning signs of violence and much more
- Updated kit materials, including puppets and colorful posters
Too Good for Violence K-8 promotes protective factors that help children get along peacefully:
- Bonding – creating a sense of belonging that results from having opportunities to participate and receive positive recognition from peers and adults
- Norms – promoting healthy beliefs and clear, positive standards
- Skills – enhancing the social and emotional skills for coping with anger and frustration, getting along with others, communicating positively, and negotiating conflict successfully