Fourth Grade Classroom Guidance Lessons
Gandy Elementary School uses Second Step: A Violence Prevention Curriculum, Third Edition. It is designed to promote social competence and to reduce children's social-emotional problems. The curriculum teaches students several skills central to healthy social-emotional development: Empathy, impulse control, problem solving and anger management.
In addition, all grades are included in lessons on Career Awareness and Substance Abuse Prevention at various times of the school year.
Some examples of fourth grade classroom guidance lessons are:
* Understanding how and why people perceive situations differently
* Showing concern for others
* Giving and receiving compliments
* Dealing with fear
* Taking responsibility for your actions
* Using an anger-management process
* Dealing with put-downs
* Dealing with being left out