Welcome to White Hall Middle School! I am one of the school counselors at White Hall Middle School. I received my Masters of Education-Counselor Education from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and my Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Central Arkansas. Prior to becoming a school counselor, I was an English teacher and have taught grades 5-12. I am the proud mother of two amazing children and look forward to serving the needs and concerns of the students, parents, and faculty of White Hall Middle School.
Where are we?
The Counselor's offices are located just inside the main entrance of the middle school to the right. I primarily serve students whose last names begin with the letters A-K, and Mrs. Harp primarily serves students whose last names begin with the letters L-Z. We are here to help you with questions and/or concerns not matter how big or how small.
What do we do?
As Professional School Counselors, we work with students on an individual basis, in small groups and occasionally in a classroom setting. The focus of the counseling program is on academic skills, career awareness, and personal/social/emotional skills and concerns. We also attend parent-teacher conferences at the request of the parent/guardian or teacher, as our schedule allows. We also contribute to 504 committees, IEP committees, and Dyslexia Intervention committees.
1. To assist students in fostering a growth mindset in order to develop a sense of whole self.
2. To assist students in becoming empathetic, contributing members of their school, community, and family.
3. To help ease anxieties that many middle school students face on a daily basis.
4. To apply preventative measures for students who need emotional support.
5. To assist students in understanding the value of academic achievement, positive behavior, and regular attendance.