My Home Page
Michelle Bond & Karen McGaritybondm@whitehallsd.orgmcGarityk@whitehallsd.org870-247-2014fax: 870-247-3570Welcome to White Hall Middle School! Your guidance counselors are Michelle Bond and Karen McGarity, and we are here to assist students, parents, and teachers of WHMS. Our offices are located just inside the main entrance of the middle school. Mrs. Bond services students whose last names begin with the letters A-K, and Mrs. McGarity services students whose last names begin with the letters L-Z.As Professional School Counselors, we work with students on an individual basis, in small groups and in their classrooms. The focus of the counseling program is on academic skills, career awareness, and personal/social skills. We also attend parent-teacher conferences at the request of the parent/guardian or teacher, as our schedule allows.
Here are some reasons students might want to talk to the School Counselor:
- "I had an argument with my best friend and she doesn't want to be my friend anymore."
- "Some kids in my science class are talking about fighting after school."
- "My parents argue all the time and I don't know what to do."
- "My grandfather is really sick and I'm scared he's going to die."
- "My mom just had a baby and she doesn't have time for me anymore."
- "We're moving again!"
Here are some reasons parents might want to talk to the School Counselor:
- "This is John's third school this year, and he's having difficulty adjusting."
- "My husband is being deployed in two weeks and Carolyn may need some help coping with this change."
- "Sam used to be excited about school, but lately he doesn't seem to care."
- "My wife and I recently separated and our daughter could use some help understanding this."
- "My son seems to be the target of some teasing and bullying after school. Can you help?"